Elegant, Classic, Graceful... Like You
- You are a high achieving woman, adventurous and live & speak your truth.
- You want jewelry to be stylish and comfortable; yet outlast the current fad.
- You desire pieces that uplift your mood, & get you excited to tackle the day.
- ....and you often pick your outfit to match the jewelry you want to wear
My Jewelry Journey
I was 12 making my 1st Puka Shell necklace to show off my sun-tanned skin from lounging on the Southern California beaches in the 70s. I loved to shop at my local bead stores and make colorful beaded necklaces. In a high school jewelry class, I learned to cast a sterling silver ring embellished with crushed turquoise and coral- colors I still love! For my wedding, I designed a 3-strand white beaded choker to wear as my “something new” with the cross necklace my grandmother loaned for my “something borrowed”.
College & Career
I pursued a mechanical engineering degree from the University of California, Irvine and I met my husband Richard at our first jobs after graduation. We worked together in aerospace for 2 years until my father asked me to return to our family business- Novak Electronics. And for most of my career I helped my parents and sister Linda, build a hobby-based business from our living room to a multi-million $$, international company that thrived for 38 years. My husband now works in the golf industry.
My Life & Why
Along the way….
- I am grateful for a wonderful life married to my best friend of 30+ years
- We raised 2 daughters and a son to become educated, independent and respectful young adults
- I became a triathlete and distance runner competing in dozens of endurance events
- I fully embrace and understand the active mompreneur life!
After we closed the family business, my entrepreneurial spirit couldn’t be held back for long and I was determined to start a hobby-based business of my own.
This lead me back to my love of making jewelry and that's why I launched Novaura Jewelry.
I am excited to create NOVAURA Jewelry for active women like you and me that love to look fabulous.
I would be honored to work with you, whether you purchase from my website or contact me to customize something for you, your sister, mom or girlfriend.