Skip to content
How to Care for your Handmade Jewelry
- Sterling silver can be stored in the anti-tarnish bag supplied with your piece.
- Other pieces can be stored in a pouch or the box it came in.
- Never toss your lovely jewelry in a drawer or on a counter top- this may scratch or damage soft metals and gemstones.
- Jewelry should be removed before swimming, working out (sweating) and using household cleaners.
- Avoid spraying perfume or rubbing lotion on your jewelry.
- Stretch bracelets should be rolled onto your wrist rather than stretched.
- Take care when pulling a sweater on/off over your jewelry, so as not to catch it in the fabric.
- Hold on to your earrings when removing a face mask! A safety nut on earrings with fishhook-type ear wires can prevent loss.
- Try to avoid extreme heat or light which may fade or damage some gems.